Friday, January 13, 2012

Make Ahead Meal: Baby Spinach with Bacon and Eggs

I absolutely love this recipe and I am barely an eggs for breakfast person let alone for dinner.  I have made it with the Swiss chard but this time I decided to do baby spinach.  If you haven't had Swiss chard, it is similar to spinach but I recommend that you remove the stalks.  This is very easy to do if you grab it by the end and pull upwards.  This works with kale as well and this recipe works well with kale.  If you use kale, Swiss chard or regular spinach, allow for some extra cooking time.  The baby spinach took very little time to cook down.  I love the idea of garlic bread and eggs and now I want garlic bread for breakfast!  We got our bacon from the butcher case of the meat department and I urge you to try it if it's available.  It was cheaper and really bacony! :)
I wish the colors were more true as this was a really beautiful dish that was just as nice to look at as to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment